On average we spend around a third of our lives asleep, when you look at it that way you should realise that choosing the right bed is a pretty important decision to make.
When someone is choosing a car they are likely to mull over style, design, performance, appearance and a number of other factors but when you look at the amount of time you will spend in your car compared to your bed, maybe it should be the other way round.
We all know how difficult the day after a bad rest is so investing in a bed that will help you to rest will improve your life no end.
If you happen to be on the lookout for a new bed we are going to be giving you a few pointers so here are 5 top tips to help you pick the perfect bed for you.
- First of all you need to take as much time and effort to select the best mattress for your bed that will suit your needs as you do to find the ideal bed. Different mattresses are better for different people so speaking to an expert or doing a bit of research should help. It is advised that a mattress should be replaced every 7-10 years so it’s worth trying to remember the last time you upgraded.
- Get the right size of bed, try and get the biggest bed you can for your room to ensure you aren’t disturbed and have the space to move freely. Let’s face it, how much floor space do you need in your room anyway? Are you inviting Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly for activities?
- Depending on allergies and preferences, it’s worth noting that natural fillings opposed to synthetic fibres help to regulate the bodies temperature better, resulting in a better night’s sleep.
- Start taking note of beds and mattresses if you are staying in a hotel or somewhere different. You will start to realise your preferences and what helps you get a better rest.
- Make use of the people that know what they are talking about. If you visit showrooms why not find out some more information from the people that deal with beds on a daily basis.
There you go, these are 5 simple tips that should make choosing a bed a bit of an easier process. You will need to have a good idea of your budget, the space you have and who is going to be using the bed. There is no point buying a beautiful but delicate looking piece of furniture with a thin mattress if you are married to someone that is 6,6” and 20st. When it comes to budget you can always stretch that by finding deals on beds and mattresses online, this should help to extend your search to include designs you might have thought were out of your price range.
Common sense and taste shouldn’t be ignored when you are on the hunt for a new bed and when you add in the advice you will receive from bed specialists it should help to narrow the field.
You might also want to invest in new bedding if you are getting a new bed and mattress so take a bit of time to see what kind of duvet you will be happy with and before you know it you will be having a good, healthy, restful night’s sleep.